Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 58...phew!

I have been pretty sick over the last few days...not physically, but "adoption" sick!! There were reports that a new process was going to be implemented with China adoptions, even those not falling under the Hague guidelines (I-600 vs. I-800). The new step was going to definitely add more "wait" time and involve immigration again - not good! BUT, today I learned that it was a mistake and it did not involve those families on the I-600...which is us. Much happier this afternoon to say the least!

We are on day 58 and honestly our LOA could come any day...or in several days, but it wouldn't be unheard of if we got it....remember Anna's was 61 days. The thought of getting the LOA and then having to wait on immigration to sign off on the form and return to China was making me sick. Then the whole immunization thing - I won't put you guys through my agony on this subject! So glad it was an error and we are still well within our estimated timeline to bring Elli home!

It is insane cold. I would hate to be further north right now. In North Dakota -21...that's just crazy! There are several schools closing tomorrow because of the temperatures - which I really can't understand, but I am hoping our schools close too. I do not want to have to get out in the morning to take the boys. Call me lazy if you want, but it's cold and my flannel sheets feel really good ;-)

Speaking of cold, have you ever watched a movie where there was a lot of snow and you felt "colder"? The movie, The Day After Tomorrow...I seriously about froze to death trying to watch that film (good movie by the way). But today, I got a "breaking news" email about the US Airways plane going down in the Hudson River. I turned it over to Fox News and wow! Amazing that everyone seems to have survived with no serious injuries. That water looked so cold and I shivered as I was watching some of the people getting on the rescue boats. It could have been a horrible scene...there were some very lucky people aboard that flight.

I have a funny story about Parker. I am going to preface this with the fact that there is no negative insinuation here...just a funny line from a 4 year old. Parker asked for a waffle the other day. His daddy toasted the Eg@, put in a plate and drizzled with syrup. Went to the drawer to get a fork and oops, there weren't any clean (telling on myself here). So he got out a plastic fork and handed to Parker. Now we have some chop sticks that we occasionally pull out and Parker knows they are "Chinese forks". He took his plastic fork and said, "Momma!! Daddy gave me a Mexican fork!" Yes, we love our Mexican take out. After he said it, I started thinking, that may be the only place that he has ever used a plastic fork, at least that he remembers. Fast food/Pizza = finger foods; eat in restaurants = silverware; but Mexican takeout = Plastic Forks. He is a very funny boy.

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker and Anna

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker