Monday, January 12, 2009

Day 55...

I honestly cannot believe we actually had a weekend. Where did it go? I remember Friday - but Saturday...not really sure what happened to that day. Sunday, now I remember that one. It started with cooking breakfast, showering, getting kids ready for church, brushing my teeth, only to discover Anna standing just a tad bit funny...oh yes, we needed to change.

I don't know if this happens to you all or not, but just when we "might" make it somewhere on time, something happens - just a little kink - that throws us at least 15 minutes behind. I mean, how can changing underwear and tights on a 3 year old throw you off 15 minutes?!?! Thank goodness, I had another clean pair of tights that actually matched her outfit. The odds of that happening are just about a million to one...miracles do happen.

I want to thank everyone that has been so kind by sending emails about my mom. She is doing really well. She has always been a strong woman of faith which is especially important now. She is trying to sort through her options, talking to those who have dealt with similar diagnosis and educating herself. It just stinks. That just about sums it up.

I don't understand why this is happening, just like I don't understand why Elli is still in China. But all things work to the good for those that love the Lord, so I have to trust that this will all work out to the good...whether I see the "good" come to fruition or not - that's where our faith has to take over and just believe that it will.

Sending love & hugs to Elli...and my mom,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker