Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 49...

I can hardly believe it is really DAY 49!!! We were on day 61 with Anna when we got our LOA/SC and were IN China only a month later! That totally blows my mind. I mean, the wait has been long - over a year now, but when you have waited so long for something and then you start to see it finally coming, it's a little hard to wrap your mind around it all.

There is so much to be done, yet I really can't do much about any of it. We are still working to get all our funds for the final "leg" of this race, trying to get the house started (no, we still haven't started...rain, rain go away!!), and just mentally preparing to board a plane and leave my other kids for 2 weeks. I am ready, don't get me wrong, but being ready and being "ready" is 2 completely different things.

Now just because that was Anna's number, doesn't mean it will be Elli's....it would be nice though. Getting LOA/SC at 61 days is pretty rare as a matter of fact. I think the average is about 80 days and some poor souls have had to wait 100+ days. There is no real reason why some take longer than others. There are holidays in China where the CCAA is closed that plays a role but for the most part...it is just random. The Chinese New Year will be coming up in January (25 - 31) where the CCAA will be closed for 7 days, so that has to be taken into account. The next "national" holiday is in April and heaven help - surely that won't have any affect on us!?!?

The kids are starting to talk more about Elli, maybe because we are, but she is on their minds. I have prayed for God to prepare all of us and her for the coming transition, so I just have to believe that is what he is doing. Parker is really sweet asking if she is a baby like Sam (my 12 month old nephew) or a baby like Anna. Anna recognizes her picture and will call out her name, or at least what she calls her, when her picture flashes up on the screen saver. I think we are all just about ready ;-)

Tomorrow my mom is having a procedure and I will be going to be with her after I drop off the kids at school. Any prayers would be appreciated for her and for everything surrounding the surgery. I hope to be able to post very good news tomorrow after it is all done.

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker