Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 78...

Unintentionally, I have been on a bit of a hiatus. It has been really busy to be sooo not interesting. First, my mom had her surgery last Friday and did wonderfully. She is recovering well and we are so thankful things went as well as they did. She was suppose to go back for her post-op today, but it was cancelled because the surgeon was in surgery....so it is rescheduled for Friday. It is our prayer that the pathology report is good!

No news on the adoption front. We are quickly..as in 2 days...approaching 80 days. I am starting to get into that mode where I check the caller id when the phone rings thinking it "might" be our agency. It kind of does a number on your nerves...but thankfully I am still pretty calm which is a blessing.

On the fundraising front, I have sold 2 card designs and a blog design in my Etsy store - that's a start!
The weather here is crazy cold, warm, then crazy cold again. It hasn't gotten above freezing for the last 2 day, but a warming trend starts tomorrow. Living in this older house, the heating isn't great and I just can't get warm enough.

Rodney and I have been looking here, there and everywhere for the best prices on EVERYTHING! I have lists and lists of prices for the house. The timing of building a house is a bit crazy right now, but when we got an offer on our house, especially in the "then" deteriorating housing market, we didn't feel like we needed to pass on a buyer. And now with the current market - it was the best decision. We were able to get what we wanted out of our house and "thought" we might be able to get the house done before Elli got home - WRONG! So now it is mid-winter, we are just starting on the house, we are expecting our LOA any day and while trying to build a home for our family, we are trying to fundraise and save for our trip to China. I am not complaining about anything, I'm very happy were we are in our family's journey, it's just kind of stressful at times. There honestly doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get it all done...and I need to do more. This will definitely be one of those "remember when" stories!

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker