Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 81...

I wanted to give an update on my mom...she went yesterday afternoon for her post-op visit and the surgeon told her that her decision to have the type of surgery she had was a wise one. He said that there was more cancer in the tissue that was removed and removing another smaller area might have gotten clear margins, but there would have been more cancer left - maybe even undetected. We are so glad that God gave her the wisdom to make the right choice and the courage to follow through with a very hard decision.

She is healing well and feeling better. She will meet with an oncologist for her treatment plan which should consist of some oral meds, but no chemo or radiation! That is just awesome news for all of us.

Yesterday I saw a post for a TA on one of my yahoo groups and usually those things come in waves. So maybe our agency will be getting a package full of goodies soon ;-)

Thankful while sending love and hugs to Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

1 comments:

Anastasia said...

Just a passer by.....I will pray for you to receive your TA soon. And look forward to reading your journey while I wait for my daughter. Have a safe trip.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker