Thursday, May 14, 2009

Total Frustration...

How can you take total elation to total frustration in less than 15 seconds??? I know...get an email from your agency telling you that the drama of this adoption continues!!! I would fill you in on all the details, but I don't even know them myself. There are so many "if"s involved that I would just get myself worked up, again, into a raging mess. Oh, sometimes my head could just burst!!!

What I do know, and likely you do too if you watch/listen/read many international headlines, the blasted swine flu pandemonium is raging in China. Travelers are being quarantined in their hotels, travel plans are being delayed and appointments in the civil affairs buildings are being cancelled. Right now, we are being told that we should be able to travel to China on June 4th or 5th...however, they could cancel our appointment or once we get there we could be told to stay in our rooms the entire trip or we could be quarantined and not allowed to leave the country for an extended period. The other flip side of this whole mess is that "they" think that China could place more restrictions on travel which could last well into if not past the fall...the fall!!

I seriously don't think that anyone could make this stuff up. From beginning to end Elli's adoption has been very non-typical to say the least. However, with that said...she is worth everything that we have been through. We will continue to wait, pray, work, and plan for her homecoming.

Yesterday, I got an email from Angela that came from the orphanage staff. The translation is a little choppy, but you get the meaning...

Dear Qing Zu Qiao’s adoptive family,
I have seen your mail. I can understand you very well now. We will do our best to take good care of Qing Zu Qiao, and we will do as you have told us. We won’t make you disappointed.

How sweet is that?? I know I won't be disappointed...I just want my girl.

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

1 comments:

Linda said...

Oh no! I have been reading these "rumors" about no travel until fall for two days now on one of the yahoo groups, and I just thought - surely no! One family is frantic because their child ages-out of the system on June 4. My thoughts when I read your post were that God must have BIG plans for your little girl, and our enemy will do anything to keep them from coming to fruition. I will add Elli to my prayer list.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker