Monday, May 25, 2009

Nice Surprise...

It has been pretty busy around our house, so I haven't had the opportunity (or energy - sick again!) to post. But, on Tuesday I got an email from a family that is adopting a child from Elli's orphanage. She had recently gotten an update on their daughter when she sent a cake for the kids. She sent me the pictures she got "just in case" there was a picture of Elli in the group of kiddos. Much to my very pleasant surprise - there was a beautiful shot of her face.


With all the kids very focused on their special treat in front of them, the odds of Elli turning from her snack so that the camera could capture her face, were pretty slim. I guess she just knew that her momma needed to see her face on Tuesday :-) Even though we are sooooo close to going to China, it still seems very "unreal". The same feeling happened with Anna...you just can't believe it is really happening until you hold them in your arms. I am so ready to finally be with Elli. To see her face, hear her voice, hold those chubby hands and kiss those cheeks...is it June 8th yet?!?!?

Ready & sending love to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you're so excited that you don't know what to do. I will pray that God will help prepare Elli for her parents and home. She's been a member of our family for so long now, that we already have that love for her. Our prayers are also that the Lord will see you and Rodney safely there and home with our new cousin. I can't wait to kiss her face.

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker