Friday, March 6, 2009

Day 108...

I have no news....zero, nada, nothing. To my knowledge, there is no package on its way. Which means, that at the earliest it will be the end of next week. There is nothing I can do about any of it, other than count my days and try to be productive in the meantime....easier said than done!

On a positive note, we have made...actually I haven't done anything...great progress on the house. The roofers are suppose to start today. Hopefully the electrical and plumbing will begin next week. Tomorrow, we are going to start "clean up" from the framers. The weather is expected to be great tomorrow, so I am honestly looking forward to getting outside and working. The fun part will be actually being productive and keeping Parker and Anna out of trouble. Kids have a talent at being able to find something mischievous to get into even when there is nothing mischievous around...at least my kids do!

It is so fun to "plan" what will go where. I am not a real stickler on everything having to be perfect - thank goodness...with my kids and my husband, that never happens! But I like to have a general idea of what I am planning on doing. As we were walking through the bedrooms I loved saying, "the girls' room". I was trying to envision where we would place 2 beds for the 2 beauties and it was fun. I think a little therapeutic actually. After so long of nothing on the adoption end, it is good to be able to plan something about her coming home. Sometimes it can seem like it is never going to happen, but just standing in Elli and Anna's room and thinking of the 2 of them in there, was good for me. It is going to happen...I don't know when, but we are getting ready for her. And doing that is a boost for my spirits.

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

2 comments:

Linda said...

You have such a good attitude about everything. I'm glad that with the bedroom, you were able to at least feel a small sort of peace. Surely it won't be too long now.

I love the song you play called "It Might Be Hope." I had never heard it before, and it is really beautiful.

Lisa said...

Not much longer now!!!! Spring in China is wonderful and you'll be going at the perfect time. I know the wait is grueling!!!
Hang in there!!

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker