Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 118...

Still no news yet, but hopefully by the end of the week. I am hoping that as I sit here, at 1:03 am on Monday morning, that some CCAA employee in China at 1:03 pm is mailing out our LOA ;-)

I wanted to share a really sweet conversation between me and Parker. We had just had a little family Wii bowling tournament where Parker won the first round, yes the 4 year old beat his 2 older brothers and father, and then lost to Jacob in the second round. He was distraught. Long story short, I began crying like him because he beat me...trying to prove the point of a good sport. Anyway, we began laughing and telling stories of "remember when...." Rodney told a few, then Jacob and when it came Parker's turn to tell us his "remember when I was a baby and you got me from....where did you get me from?"
I asked him, "what do you mean?"
"Where did you get me from? America or China or something?" he asked.
"We got you in America," I answered."
"Oh yeah, remember when I was a baby and you got me in America and......." he continued.

How precious is that? Parker knows that he was born to us because he has seen pictures and video of him in the hospital, when I was pregnant, etc., but for him to not even think about it and just assume that he is like Anna and Elli / Anna and Elli are like him - I love it. Yes, he will "understand" the differences later, but the innocence of it and just to believe that Anna and Elli are his sisters that have/are coming to us completely normal, it was the sweetest thing of the day!

Sending love & hugs to our Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marcy,

Keep holding on. The family is still praying, and you've been faithful. We love you.

Melissa

ellieshine said...

Marcy,

Just checking in to see if you have any news - I will be praying for you as .ugh. this is not fun!

hugs & prayers,

ellie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker