I don't even know what she is writing/drawing, but I am sure it's genius!
Doing a little dance with her friends. I am most certain that the little girl on the right is her best friend. She has been in other pictures and the update stated that she is particularly fond of Qing Zu Huan. Notice the little paper flowers on their head...too cute!
After my heart stopped beating so hard and I got some composure about me, I read the "update" portion of the email. Her favorite toy is a doll...we have plenty of those since Anna will have nothing to do with dolls. Her favorite food is crackers and candy...she and Parker will feast on Townh*use Crackers and sugar! They report that she speaks pretty well and has healed nicely after her surgery (October 06). Her favorite activity is arts and crafts...fun, fun! I asked about her needing anything and they told me that she has everything, but it is old. They said that if I could send some clothes, blanket, toy, shoes it would be good....I just bought a care package from the Love Without Boundaries auction - perfect! They said that her personality is outgoing and funny...my kind of girl. They call her Qiao Qiao...which we already knew, but getting that information 2x confirms she has the perfect name Elliana Kate Qiao. Her measurements show that she weighs a little over 34 lbs!!!! They will get me an updated height, but it wasn't included in this message. I am guessing 4T clothing?? Her foot is about 5.9 inches long...about an 8 1/2 (you guys measure your girls' feet and let me know). Anna's is about 5.25 inches and wears a 7 - 7 1/2. Last - I asked if she knew she had a family coming for her...she knows about us. I sent her an album with our pictures and I hope that we are recognizable to her when we go so that she isn't afraid or at least the fear is somewhat calmed with our familiar faces.
I needed this today for sure!! It is always bitter sweet to get an update. You get to see their faces, happy to see that they are well, then the reality of just having a picture sets in. You analyze every detail of the photo, looking at the clothes, the floors, the walls, EVERYTHING. Thankfully, Elli is in a good place. It isn't home, but we are very fortunate that she is in Qingyuan...it is a good orphanage.
I am just a little crazy right now...totally excited, emotional and ready to book a flight!!!
Thankful to see our girl happy & healthy,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna






3 comments:
I'm so excited! Getting this final update is a very good sign and usually means that TA is just around the corner. I was told that by several people, and I remember that with our last adoption, we received the update on one day and the TA about 3-4 days later. Your little girl is so sweet looking - very kind eyes.
As for size - I think you're right on track. My Abby is age 5-1/2 and 36 pounds, and she wears some 4Ts and some 5Ts. She is thin and can still wear some 3Ts in shorts and pants because of her small waist. I think you're right about the shoe size too, although I'll have to measure, and Abby is asleep right now. :)
I just know that your TA is right around the corner!
Those are some great pictures!! And I love the new blog look! Presley is 31 pounds and is in a 3T and 4T. So 4T is probably about right. I bet you can hardly sit still and just want to get on that plane!!!
Such wonderful photos & I love the update! I can't wait to hear you got TA!!!!! I need to get a little photo album to you to deliver to our daughter at QY. It is getting closer! You'll be there in June for certain, if not SOONER!!!!
Jill
Post a Comment