No news from USCIS to date...no news from either Senators' office or my Representative's office...no news from the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute....BUT, I do have the majority of my asset junk together. I am still hopeful that the CCAI contact will be able to get some information for me or at least let CIS in Washington, D.C. know how the Louisville office is being ran. From my understanding, unfortunately, the Louisville office is one of many across the U.S. that is doing whatever they please.
I am planning on sending in my stuff to USCIS on Monday. After they get this information, I know that my Representative's office is going to push for them to do something. I think they have been dragging us along for long enough. It is just hard knowing that we are going to be waiting again for a decision. And the sad part is that we don't know what they will decide. We meet the requirements for approval in the first place, so the added assets should make me even more confident, but it doesn't. Who knows how they will view the information that I send them, how will they interpret it, what regulations (that they can't show me, or I can't find anywhere) will they use to try to deny us, will they accept this "third" party documentation when they wouldn't accept the home study agency as a third party? It is just total madness.
I really, really, really hope that soon I will have a much more positive outlook and that I can post some good news about Elli on this blog. The other families that were matched around the same time as us, people that we thought we might be traveling with, have already gotten their travel approvals from China. They are getting their travel plans together and preparing to meet their children. I am thrilled for all of them, but it does hurt just a little. I don't want anyone to have to "trade" places with us, or wonder why not them instead of us, but I do wish I knew why Elli was having to wait so long for a family. It doesn't make sense to me and I suppose that it never will. I just pray that it won't be much longer.
Sending hugs, kisses & love to Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna






2 comments:
Marcy--- I pray you get your FDL in the bext week or two....
You are so right...she has waited so long and now its HER turn!
Maybe we'll be travel buddies...
almost ready for HS submission here.
HUGS & prayers---kelly Rumbaugh
wish I could type one thing without a typo...
Post a Comment