So far this summer...well actually it isn't summer yet, but we have had 2 yard sales. I have changed up locations - you know, different customers ;-) Once was at our house and last weekend was at my in-laws' house. It was pretty successful. We did Friday and Saturday at my house and raised $640, last week I did Thursday, Friday and Saturday and raised $470 = Grand total thus far $1010!!! Not bad, not bad at all. Next, my brother's. Yes, believe it or not, we still have LOTS of stuff. I am planning on the first weekend in July....I guess I am a professional "yard sales lady"...at least for summer 2008!!!
I am still selling Avon, but with the kids, I just can't do too much. It is helping some though. I am getting our personal hygiene items from there, which saves me trips to Wal-Mart and Target, which in turn saves quite a bit of money...you'd be surprised how much money you can save if you never walk in the doors of Wal-Mart or Target. Yes, I did experience some bargain hunting withdrawals from Target, but I lived! For those who know me and know how I LOVED to shop at Target, you might be surprised to find out that I have only been to Target 4 times since Christmas!!!! Wal-Mart, maybe 3 times. That is quite a change and has helped out a lot.
Unfortunately I don't have any good news about our immigration approval. I really hope to get approval in the next two weeks - surely! Waiting for the mail to run, to only discover no approval is not fun....it can actually be torture! Just one of the many pains of adoption.
Hoping for good news soon & sending love to Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna Mei






1 comments:
I need to do a yard sale to help raise funds too but can't find the motivation to clean closets!!!! I hope your 3rd sale sells everything you have and you make a killing!!!! I am praying your I171 comes really fast so we can travel to China together. I so don't want to go alone!
Big Hugs
Post a Comment