Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Grand Total Is....

Big Fat Zero!! Unfortunately, the weather just hasn't cooperated with us this weekend. What started out to be a pretty good weekend for a fundraising yard sale, turned out to be a bad one. So, I have boxed up, stacked up, piled, tucked and just tried to ignore the HUGE mess in my living room. We will try again for next weekend.

All in all, it is probably the best that we didn't do it this weekend. Jacob came home from school on Wednesday sick. Carter got to go back to school on Thursday and Jacob went to the pediatrician. As I expected, it was a virus with some allergies to boot. There was no way I could have done the sale on Thursday with Jacob sick and believe it or not, Thursday is usually the best day?!? Go figure.

Still no news from USCIS. We have not yet reached the average wait time for our USCIS office, but I was really hoping that my request for the application to be expedited would help...which it still may because we still have over 3 weeks to hit the average. I really "need" the approval no later than Tuesday or Wednesday in order to have a potential end of May DTC...but I am beginning to think I need to change my goal to early June. Unfortunately, that could easily push us back into October...sigh! I can't think about that right now, I just need to focus on what I CAN do...which is wait for next weekend and see if the weather is going to cooperate - wow, again, I can't do anything on my own...how many times do I have to learn that one?
I just told someone today that things happen when they should. We just have to wait and trust that they are being worked out. Well, it is true for her and it is true for me. So we wait. We wait for our kids to get better, wait on the weather to clear, wait on immigration, wait on China, wait for travel, wait to hold Elli.....we wait.
Thankful the kids are getting better and sending love to Elli,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna Mei
p.s.
I was wrong about the total...I have sold about $50 so far. Yes, I am apparently running an indoor yard sale. I guess that would be like a flea market right? People have come to my house, starting going through the stuff in my living room and bought some things, so I guess considering we actually haven't started yet, $50 is a real good start. It also goes to show that my family members will try to shop wherever, whenever ;-) and that's a good thing - at least for me!

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker