Monday, March 24, 2008

Rockin' USCIS Trip...

Friday, Rodney and I traveled to Louisville, KY to file our I-600A and to be fingerprinted. In KY, you can schedule an appointment to file your application at the USCIS office and they will issue you a fingerprint card that day. Since you don't have a "scheduled" fingerprint appointment, they just work you in when they can.

Our appointment time was 10:00 to file our I-600A. Louisville is about a 2 1/2 hour trip for us and we were cutting it close. The closer we got to Louisville traffic started getting a little heavy and I was starting to get a little nervous about being late. We parked 2 blocks away in a parking garage, had to cut through an Easter march and rushed through security. Went to the 3rd floor and had just enough time to use the restroom before 10. As I was walking into the room, Rodney was up at the window!!! Okay, my heart started pounding....what are you doing?!?! Rodney went to turn in our I-600A appointment confirmation while I was in the restroom. When he handed the paper to the officer, she was ready to go ahead with our application. Although Rodney knew we were there to file a form, he had not idea what the name of the form was, what it looked like or what needed to accompany the form. Rodney just signs where I tell him to, goes where I tell him to and that is about all he knows in regards to the adoption paperwork, God love him. So, he just went to my bag, pulled out my binder and was walking up to the window. I rushed up there to take the binder away, afraid he would mess up my "filing" system ;-) I gave the officer our application, birth certificates and marriage certificate then I asked her to attach a letter asking for an expedited processing due to special need child and the fact we had already received PA. She said, "okay" and stapled the letter to our form. Hopefully it will work.

We went to the basement to be "worked in" and there was not a single soul waiting to be fingerprinted. We walked right in, done the deed and was finished. We were walking out of the Federal Courthouse at 10:25!!!! 25 minutes = rockin' trip! Now lets just hope that approval comes just as fast ;-)
Happy for another item checked off our list & sending love to Elliana,
Rodney, Marcy, Carter, Jacob, Parker & Anna Mei

0 comments:

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker